Powered By Blogger

Aug 10, 2013



         «»»» Once More Dead «»»»



Thinking back through a marred haze of sorrow,
Trying to choke back the tears that fall tomorrow.
Do you remember, the first time I touched your face?
 The feel of your skin under my hands, your lips I traced.
Do you remember, the pact we made after we kissed?
The color of your eyes, your hair, your sweet voice I missed.
Do you remember, what you said we’d be?
The time you left and crushed my heart,
I hoped to never see.
All the times I met you half way and treated you so nice.
Unforeseen betrayal, killing, destroying my passions thrice.
Through autumn to ashes and all the saddened masses.
Through long sleepless nights and fanciful flights.
Do you remember?
I think it was December
When my soul died
And my heart turned to ice.


© Tim Mabry

No comments: